Library Page 2019 - 2020
Welcome to the school's library page!
Do check out the Pie Corbett activities which are on Radio-blogging most days! https://radioblogging.net/ As a school, we use Talk for Writing, which is a Pie Corbett initiative. You will find booklists and descriptions from him on your class pages.
An amazing programme of daily activities from authors and illustrators is available, often on YouTube, Instagram or Twitter. Many activities remain available after the day of broadcast, but to catch them live, here's the timetable! Links below this timetable:
There are so many brilliant activities online to support reading for pleasure. I love this compilation of daily readings, drawings and writing prompts. Links to the activities can be found here .
Other resources to support Reading for Pleasure while school is closed
Like many teachers, I have been uploading stories, poems and activities to Tapestry, and also look in to see what children have been doing. Please also feel free to email me with suggestions or questions - email@example.com
There are 2 great picture books for children about Coronavirus and staying at home which have been made available FREE of charge. Here are the links:
Axel Scheffler and the team at Nosy Crow children's publisher developed the Coronavirus title and Andersen Press have published the Staying Home by Sally Nicholls and Vivianne Schwartz.
During the school closure, as librarian, I want to support our families in accessing suitable sites and resources to ensure their children are still able to read for pleasure and continue the additional activities associated with reading.
There is so much being made available, much of it free; I will only add those websites and resources which I have previously successfully used within school or have tried and tested while I now work from home. In a fast-changing situation, everything I add may change at short notice – I will check each item frequently.
Our Alexandra Palace Children's Book Award starts an online festival of books and reading on Monday 4th May. Each author event will feature readings and writing activities, best suited to Years 4 and above. The writing competition associated with this closes in late June.
Today, Friday 15th May, is the last author reading day, but the recordings will stay online until late June and the authors are really hopeing to read what you write for the Writing Challenges! (So am I!)
- Aisha Bushby - A Pocketful of Stars - Monday 4 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-2020-meet-the-authors-1-aisha-bushby/
- Kirsty Applebaum - The Middler - Wednesday 6 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-2020-meet-the-authors-no-2-kirsty-applebaum/
- Thomas Taylor - Malamander - Friday 8 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-meet-the-authors-no-3-thomas-taylor/
- Stewart Foster - Check Mates – Monday 11 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-meet-the-authors-no-4-stewart-foster/
- Libby Scott/Rebecca Westcott - Can you See Me? – Wednesday 13 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-meet-the-authors-no-4-rebecca-westcott/
- Helen Peters - Anna at War – Friday 15 May https://www.alexandrapalace.com/blog/bibliobuzz-meet-the-authors-no-6-helen-peters/
- Cressida Cowell – Winner Announcement - Saturday 16th May, 11am
Everything will be over on Allly Pally’s website https://www.alexandrapalace.com/creative-learning/schools-and-colleges/biblio-buzz/
Files to Download
Library Page: News items
Library Page: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Library Page: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Library Page: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display